Let’s start with the playlist-
30 Century Man – Scott Walker, I Love It – Iconic, Knocking’ On Heaven’s Door – Ladysmith Black Mambazo, What’s Up? – 4 Non Blonds, Hitchhikers Smile – Victoria Williams, American Music – Violent Femmes, Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes, Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modern Love – David Bowie, Kiss That Girl, Sheryl Crow, Right Place, Wrong Time – Dr John, Me & Mr Jones – Amy Winehouse, For What It’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield, Live and Let Die – Guns and Roses, Flashlight – George Clinton Feat. Muppets, Let Me Dream – Ozomatli, Mellow Mood – Slightly Stoopid feat G Love, Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield, Stuck in the Middle with You – Stealers Wheel, Cruel Summer – Bananrama, Grow Up – Simple Plan, Pirate Looks at 40 – Jack Johnson
Busy Busy Busy Busy. So much going on right now (as usual)
- Finished the last princess in my Kingdom of Cool collection so I can start working on that book – finally!
- Completely nuts on my latest project Book Turnip, a book review and author interview blog. I’m getting the reviews and interviews published and meeting some wicked cool superstar authors. 4.5k followers and rising! Gives me tremendous insight into the production and pre-release circus that goes on in mainstream publishing. Really awesome getting copies of books that are not available for sale yet ;)
- Been writing articles here and there, and that is all going well.
- Still keeping up with my design clients, added some great new product shots on my work with the very fabulous Canadian Marketing Agency, Muse, to my website.
- Oh yeah, re-did my web site.
- Painting up a storm on the reclaimed wood series. Nothing showing right now, but soon.
- Gearing up to teach a few art classes this fall, stay tuned on that….
- Working on solving the problem of getting more caffeine in my caffeine…. biggie.
Latest injection of insanity (its either this or seven seasons of SpongeBob on repeat)
I don’t know why this is new for me, I’m pretty late to the game on this one. My sister-in-law was showing it to my daughter and I got hooked. The guy in the chair reading the book always gets me :)
Going back and forth on participating in NaNoWriMo‘s second summer session – writing a novel from start to finish in the month of July. Feel like I just did it. When was that? Couldn’t have been too long ago… but, it really does force me to write. Like a pedometer forces you to keep track of how much you actually walk in a day, having a word count is a brutal way to stay on top of it. I need another challenge like I need a hole in the head. THREE books I’ve already written that need draft revisions….. plus two more I’ve promised myself to complete this year. I’ll be disappointed in myself if I don’t give it a shot and jump in the trenches with the other idiots, and even though it is completely free and voluntary I won’t quit and I won’t fail to hit the mark by the deadline even if it kills me. I’m just hardwired that way. So I’m taking the decision very seriously. To WriMo or not to WriMo – that is indeed the question.
But see, here’s the thing (she says while hundreds of sets of eyes roll so hard across the planet that our orbit around the sun may have shifted) I have this idea…. damn it. My brain is like that thing at the deli that gives everyone a number – but my roll of numbers never ends and I’m serving ticket number three hundred and fifty seven while watching ticket number eight million and six just got torn off. Too many projects. Just. Too. Many.
Is that a Capricorn thing? Can I blame my perpetual zoom on celestial snobbery? Did all the other signs get the good traits prior to Cappies coming on the scene? What was left in the toy box when the ole Fish-Goat-Daddy stepped up to claim his birthright? Pisces got the chill vibe, Taurus got the stability, Scorpio got bravery. Capricorn got responsibility and discipline. Fun.
So as I embark on my latest crusade to work myself to death on another excruciating ride on the idea-o-matic, please – send coffee.